Wednesday

Day 8 - A Strange Sensation

It hit me around 12:15pm today. I was on a conference call and my stomach started to hurt. It wasn't too bad at first, but over the span of about 15 minutes, the pain turned from some dull rumblings to sharp pains. Sharp enough that it was hard to stand up. My arms started to feel heavy. For the first time, I wondered if my dollar-a-day-diet was simply going to give out on me.

Since I've told too many people about this project to stop now, I fired back and the pain with a cup of coffee, thinking that perhaps a jolt of free sugar would spark something. It sort of seemed to work. The pain subsided and I was left with just the normal feeling of being mildly hungry. In hindsight, coffee, with all the acid and what not, probably isn't the best drink for a guy on an empty stomach. It's hard to argue with results though.

I think it's going to be very important that I do a better job of spacing my food out over the day. I can't continue to skip breafast and lunch and then load up for dinner.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've read days 1-8 so far (haven't read any comments) and wanted to tell you in case no one else has, that drinking coffee will help suppress your appetite. for about 2 months straight, i ate 1 meal per day (dinner) and had a few cups of coffee in lieu of breakfast and lunch. the transition from 3 meals per day to 1 meal per day was not all that hard on me. it took about 2-3 days before my body adjusted.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you already did this diet but I found out that if you take a couple of tums when hungry it will actually cause the hunger to subside a little.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's because Tums has SUGAR flavoring.





----------------
www.tawny-kitaen.com

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caffeine is a stimulant. Kills hunger.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatnot, whatnot, whatnot.

Bloody vocabulary gestapo

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is pretty interesting information that you are telling here. I have also found some usefull information on this website. Also, huge info about calories, calorie counters, different types of diets, diet food, fitness and weight loss. Please visit, really usefull information!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I just have to add here that "whatnot" is actually a proper English word. Why on earth did you feel the need to label it as a "redneck" word? Rather ignorant of you. There is more than one definition of the word, but the definition that is applicable here is: "A minor or unspecified object or article."

That's the bad thing about popping off and telling people you hate them for something silly.....Sometimes you have to eat your words.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, here to the above comment.

By the way, how many calories in 'whatnot?'

Good job on the project, Evan. By the way, you might have been having a reaction to all those carbohydrates. Google something called a carbo coma.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home