Monday

Day 27 - Looking Forward

Today’s update is a little off topic, but important none the less. I would have waited a few more days to post this, but I didn’t want to cloud up my last few updates with this nonsense.

I’ve got a whole new scheme planned for December: web comics. Each day, for 31 days, I’m going to draw a web comic and post it right here (well, not right here, but I’ll link to it from here).

I’m going to need people to bear with me for a little while as I’m no artist. At least not yet. I’m hoping that if I make an honest effort at drawing every day I’ll actually get better, but who knows. As for the humor; I’ve got this distinct feeling that a lot of things that “seem” funny in my head might not actually be that funny on paper, so give me some time to figure it all out.

Also, I’ve actually conned a friend of mine into trying this month’s challenge with me. I’ll be posting links to his comic creations as well, so lucky you can see what two guys who can’t draw and aren’t that funny can come up with.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just starting to read your blog... very cool idea and I commend you for have the guts to go through with it. There's a part of me that thinks that politicians and policy makers should have to endure similar things so they are more qualified to frame the problems before coming up with solutions.

About your 31 days of web comics, I'll be very interested to see how that comes out. I've always wanted to be able to draw good and without so much effort. I'm betting that your last couple days of drawing won't hardly resemble your first couple days. Thanks for doing the hunger experiment and now this one and blogging about it.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the web comic! All of the web comics that I enjoy aren't because every comic is a masterful work of art but because of the humor and wit displayed. I'll be patiently waiting to see your web comics.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

Excellent!

And it is true... artistic talent is like a muscle... the more you use it.. the stronger it becomes... but if you stop... just like a muscle.. it will go away. =)

Love your blogs!

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home