Thursday

Da y 23 - Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a strange holiday when you’re not eating. Food is a significant component of most holidays, at least where I’m from, but Thanksgiving has the distinct honor of being the only holiday exclusively about food. There are no presents, no costumes, no holiday games… Please spare me the lecture on how Thanksgiving is supposed to be about giving thanks and I’ll do the same for you.

Since I began this experiment, I always thought the Thanksgiving Day post would be a big, revealing post about some grand revelation I uncovered. It only seemed fitting that the one day a year solely centered on the thing I was abstaining from would lead to some wise verse on my part.

Well, I got nothing folks. Nothing that I haven’t said before at least.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liron Shapira said...

You are unbelievably modest!

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why didn't you let yourself go to someone's house for thanksgiving- that doesn't seem to be breaking the rules? your blog is cool! this was a cool idea! I'm really big on trying to save money from meal plannng- but can get lazy at times and slip back to eating out/ etc more than I should. interesting point about people sharing their "time of food poverty" stories w/ you- I def. went through that! It was depressing when I really couldn't afford groceries- now it's a good feeling to try to save money- totally diff feeling if you don't HAVE to do it- or aren't worried about empty cubbards.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home